History of the Quinta
Our house is a historical house built by a rich family from São Miguel who came back from Brazil in 1907. The building was achieved in 1910 and has a very interesting architecture.
The house is known by the name of “Casa das Irmãs” (House of the Sisters) as for many years a Congregation of Devoted ladies – has run a children education center. Irmã Gabriela, retired since many years, is remembered with gratitude and affection by many of the Lomba do Botão.
Many inhabitants of Lomba do Botão have made their first school steps in our house and they keep good memories of old times. Some have been baptised and married in the little chapel existing at that time in the house.